
When you visit our house these days, there's such a sense of anticipation for the trip in the air! Last evening, Peanut and I went through our toybox and Maia's closet, trying to decide which toys would be best to take along for the trip for Maia. At our donut & coffee celebration on Monday morning, Amy, Flamingo Mama and I were talking about this, but I got to thinking that maybe some of you other adopting Mommy's have some more ideas to add to my list. I would love to hear from all of you about what toys you're planning to take or what toys you have taken on your adoption trips! Also, I would love any input on toys that were helpful with sensory stimulation as we suspect Maia may have some sensory issues. Thanks for the tips!
4 comments:
Stacking cups were a HUGE hit. Also good for pouring water at bathtime. Books didn't seem to go over to well as she hadn't seen a book in her life. We found out how quickly they get over stimulated, so I don't think you need a large array of toys just some that are brightly colored and give her something to hold onto.
My first thought was a Nubby Ball ... I know that Discovery Toys sells them, and I am trying to figure out where I just saw them fairly inexpensive. Okay, after brainstorming with Jonah ... we figured out it was at Linens-N-Things, and they are out of business! Anyway, they are easy to catch with the "nubs" and I know OTs love them! And ... you can't go wrong with a ball!
Kai loved stacking cups (they were so much fun in the bath!) The other big hit was a beach ball. I loved the beach ball too because we could deflate it and it didn't take up any room in our already stuffed suitcases. I'll let you know if I can think of anything else.
Heather
Ditto to all the above and a small bottle of bubbles are fun! kids enjoy having their own small back pack to carry their things in too!
Post a Comment