Sunday, November 29, 2009

'Twas The Weekend After Thanksgiving.......




There was a lot of Christmas joy and merriment around our house this weekend! All kinds of holiday decorations came down from the crawl space in the attic and made their way from room to room. The kiddos were soooo excited about the Christmas tree, and I think this may be the earliest we've ever put up a real one. For years we put up an artificial one because Peanut and I are allergic to everything green:) But we decided to up our allergy medicine and try the real thing this season. Let's pray nobody has an asthma attack later today!





Luckily it was a balmy 56 degrees this afternoon rather than the frigid 38 degrees it was the past two days! Even better was the fact that I found this handsome guy who offerred to carry and set up our tree for us.





He even put on the lights!





We had plenty of little elves available to help with the decorating.....how I hope they have this same enthusiasm when the time comes to put everything away!










Peanut has his own very special collection of train ornaments, and I can't wait to start SuSu's collection of ornaments this year, too!











And look what finally made it's way to our staircase! What a magical moment that was to see SuSu's stocking hanging up between ours. She was so tickled about the idea that Santa might put some tong (candy) in there:)





Now all we need are some Christmas cookies and milk and I think we'll be ready for Santa!

4 comments:

Flamingo said...

i so do love christmas!!!!!

TheLab said...

Beautiful! What fun! And that first photo of your little guy in his santa hat is just absolutely precious. I think it's great you're decorating early (though it isn't early for a lot of people), to enjoy as much of this season as possible with your family of FOUR!

Tessa said...

I love the picture of Peanut ... how cute is he? How fun that you are decorating with SuSu for the first time! I hope that all goes well with your real tree!

So how are you explaining Christmas to SuSu? I wasn't sure if she understands birthdays (Jesus's birthday), etc. I hope I am not underestimating how much she has learned already! I just think it would be so fun to introduce her to the magic of it all!

emily said...

Beautiful pictures! You've almost got me in the Christmas decorating spirit! Almost.