Monday, November 16, 2009

Beautifully





I can't believe it's been almost a week since my last blog post! The time is just getting away from me lately somehow. How is it that our lives are so busy all of a sudden around here? I seriously can't imagine juggling the schedules of more than 2 kiddos, although I know lots of you Mommas out there are doing it beautifully. God probably knew what He was doing when he limited me to this nice round number:)



I'm wondering what in the world is making us so busy these days. Is is the carpooling? The daily visits to the grocery store? The rigorous schedules of a preschooler and a 1st grader?



In the midst of the running here and running there, the packing of the lunch boxes and the bookbags, and the preschool musicals and 1st grade parent-teacher conferences, there's been another little something keeping Mommy on her toes lately.


Or shall I say, another little somebody......



And maybe that's why I'm feeling a bit stretched. A bit frazzled. And some days, even a bit at my wit's end!



You see, a certain little somebody has recently decided that she is an indepedent woman. But not just an independent woman. An independent woman with attitude. As in, stand back, Momma, unless you want a little spice with that sugar.



Oh yes, our sweet little SuSu is testing her wings. Or, probably more accurately, testing her Momma. And boy oh boy, has it been one heck of a ride!



I should have seen it coming. Really. I should have. Shame on me. 'Cause the apple doesn't really fall that far from the tree, they say:) And this Momma once had a reputation for having a really sassy attitude. Oh, but that was years ago. So long ago that I'd all but forgotten about it. Until.



Until a certain sassy Tinkerbell started rocking my world a few weeks ago with some of her favorite phrases like "Momma, what the heck?" or "Juuuuuust waaaait, Momma" or "I do it myself". Yes, we have entered the terrible 4s. At least, I'm praying it's only the terrible 4s!



Funny thing is that Peanut skipped right over the terrible 2s. In fact, I got a little bit full of myself thinking that I was getting off easy with him. And then came four. A bewitching age at our house, apparently. When our sweet talking, obedient, tender-hearted children turn into pumpkins.



Pumkins.



Sassy, strong-willed, independent, fiesty pumpkins. And you know what pumpkins are really good for? They're good for teaching Mommys patience. And that sometimes even Mommys need time outs. And the thinking chair.



That sometimes Mommys do indeed pull their own hair out. And occasionally stick forks in their heads. And even go as far as banging their heads against the wall.



But what I do remember. What I do try to focus on when I'm sitting in time out because I've been acting more like a 4 year old than a thirty-something. Is that we went through this once before. With another certain little somebody. And he survived. In fact, he even turned out okay. Or even better. He turned out beautifully:)



And as for our SuSu? How's she's gonna turn out, this Momma keeps wondering?? One thing this I know for sure is that this little firecracker's gonna go places! I've never seen so much detemination, so much spunk, so much tenacity and so much persistance anywhere. What this girl wants in life, she's gonna get.



And will she turn out okay? I have a sneaky suspicion she will. But not just okay. I think that maybe. Just maybe. She might turn out beautifully, too.

4 comments:

shelley said...

That is the Wuxi in her.....we have it here too. I am sure she will turn out at beautifully as Peanut.

Tessa said...

Sweet quiet little SuSu? I just don't believe it!

TheLab said...

Ha ha ha ha ha!!! I love it! My almost 4 year-old boy also started saying "What the heck!?" It cracks me up!

Amy D. said...

These Wuxi girs are SASSY!! She and Hope would still be best buddies!! And they both will turn out beautifully--of this I feel sure!!

Blessings--

Amy
www.lotsokidz.blogspot.com