Look what magically appeared on our doorstep yesterday! Last Christmas I almost ordered an embroidered Christmas stocking for SuSu. But after so many delays and so many heartbreaks along our adoption journey, I just couldn't bring myself to do it.
Last week, though, I got teary eyed just thinking about picking a special stocking for our long-awaited tinkerbell.
And what a priceless moment it was when SuSu opened the front door to find this treasure waiting for her! She snuggled it and carried it around all afternoon:) Notice the soft pretzel in her hand.....she wouldn't even put the stocking down to eat it:) In a few short days, we'll finally be able to hang it up next to ours along the staircase as we've dreamed of doing for such a long while.
5 comments:
Hooray! What an awesome thing, to have something so final, an embroidery of her name to hang next to yours... This will be an amazing holiday season for your family, all with such added meaning - Thanksgiving and Christmas and the New Year! Cheers to you all!
stockings for Christmas always feels like home.
Not to be bah humbug--it's beautiful--but I am NOT READY FOR THE HOLIDAYS YET!
Oh Heather--I LOVE that stocking--do you mind saying here you got it?
It's so fun to see another stocking on the mantel!!
amy xoxoxoo
that almost makes me cry!
i should embroider my kids names...each year i just let them pick a stocking from the pile:)
susu is looking so much older...she really looks so much happier and healthier!
Post a Comment