Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Nicky





On Saturday I was able to snap lots of pictures of our cutie pie, super busy nephew, Nicky. Being that he's 2 1/2, he doesn't do much sitting still these days, so capturing him on film is a bit tricky!







But I just kept running through the park with him, taking as many pictures as I could while he explored every walnut and every leaf:)







Nicky is my younger, sister, Michele's first boy, and big brother to sweet Sammy, who just turned 7 months old.







Nicky and Sam will always hold a special place in my heart. Partly because they're my sister's boys, and Michele is one of my dearest and most precious friends.








And partly because her boys represent something beautiful to me. And probably to us all. They represent hope. Grace. God's goodness and faithfullness. In all circumstances.







Because, after Michele's first husband drowned in the Chesapeake Bay a few years ago, our family was nearly overcome with hopelessless. Our faith was tested beyond our imagination. And my sister's dreams of having children and a family were nearly lost.







And then came a miracle. In the midst of impossible circumstances came possibility. My sister was blessed again with a wonderful husband. And shortly after, two beautiful children.






Our God is so good. His plans for us amazing. His blessings beyond our wildest imaginations. For many years we prayed for Michele. Not knowing what her tommorrows might bring. Who would have guessed that God has planned not just one precious boy for her....but two! Who would have imagined? On Saturday, as we ran through the park, chasing little Nicky up and down the slide, over the bridge, through the tunnels, I was just overcome with thankfulness. This busy boy. The one who keeps us all on our toes. He's the answer. The answer to so many prayers. How lucky I am to be his aunt! To watch him grow and see where his life may take him. And seeing how bouncy he is, I think we're all in for quite a ride:)

3 comments:

Tessa said...

I had no idea that your family has been through such a horrific tragedy. To now know the heartache that your sister has endured, and yet she has found joy again is an amazing example of God's love for us. Nicky is such a sweetie pie!

emily said...

Thank you for this post Wuxi - I've got tears running down my face. There's too much to write.

Michele said...

thanks, heath! it is amazing to look back over the journey God has brought me (and our family). i am often overcome when i look at my boys. God is so good. thank you for all your prayers for me over the years and for your friendship today. i'm so glad God put us together :)