Friday, July 31, 2009

I Was Wondering



In the back of my mind, I was wondering.

Wondering if bringing home Maia would be enough.

Enough to ease that longing.

The longing a Mommy carries.

To be a Mommy again.

And I was wondering.

Wondering if bringing home Maia home would be enough.

Enough to fill that place.

In my heart.

That's been aching.

For a long while.

And I was wondering.

Wondering if bringing Maia home would be enough.

Enough to lay to rest once and for all.

That uneasiness.

That our family wasn't complete.

And as time goes by.

Day by day.

I know deep in my heart.

That bringing home Maia was enough.

But not just enough.

More than enough.

She is indeed that part of me that's been missing.

The part of us that's been missing.

For the first time.

In a long time.

I feel whole.

3 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

emily said...

Beautiful. Thank you.

Lena said...

Yes, beautiful. You have such a way with words...you are very real in your writing and expose your feelings and emotions for all to know. Thank you!