We're back home again after our long morning, but SuSu seems to have forgotten all about the MRI already! It always amazes me how quickly they put things behind them! SuSu had a lot of tears with her IV, and sadly they had to stick her twice. Everyone says how tiny her veins are and how much scar tissue her veins already have, probably from her IVs during her surgeries in China. After that was finished, I was allowed to go back with her and hold her until she was "asleep". She was more than a little bit scared when we went in the MRI room because of all the machines and tubing and people, and I think she realized then that this was going to be a lot different than just a regular doctor visit. She fell asleep pretty quickly, though, and her MRI took about an hour and half. I treated myself to a sticky bun, and that seemed to help me keep my sanity while I waited:) It's always good to find a nice comforting carbohydrate for days like today I think.
They came and rescued me from the waiting room just as SuSu was waking up, and she was a little bit of a wild woman coming out of anesthesia! She woke up yelling "I want Nanna's house!" and boy did she mean it. I promised her we would go visit Nana when her ouchie was done, and she sure didn't forget it:) After about 30 minutes of trying to soothe and contain her, the medications finally started wearing off and we headed off to find Nana and nice iced mocha late:)
Unfortunately the radiologist didn't give me any inside scoop this time, so I have no idea about any of the results. I was so much hoping to know at least about her spinal cord, but I think I can "cheat" and do some snooping at work later this week. Shhhhhh. You didn't just read that:)
As soon as we were home, SuSu bounced right back and seems to be the same, happy little girl who sang all the way to the hospital this morning at 7am:) What a beautiful spirit for someone whose been through so much!
5 comments:
Glad to hear all is well with your beautiful girl they always seem to bounce back faster from these things then we do. I think as nurses our imaginations begin to wander Hoping and praying you get good new Kate.
Still reading, thinking, and praying for you!
Glad all went well...it IS amazing how quickly they forget and forgive us for making them go through that. I will anxiously await the report.
Aunt Shelley
I am so glad it went relatively well. We are praying for good results and I did NOT hear you say ANYTHING about reading a report later this week. Not one single word. :-)
ugh! i would hate that darn wait!!!! so glad she got through it! it's so funny how attached she still is to nana! your mom probably loves it!
Post a Comment