Saturday, July 25, 2009

When Life Gives You Lemons



Sometimes life gives you lemons.

And the last thing you want to do is make lemonade.

Because it seems easier to point at the lemons.

And argue with God about the lemons.

And talk about the lemons.

But all the while you know you should really should be busy doing something productive with the lemons.

Except that would mean surrendering them.

And surrendering a lemon isn't as easy as it looks.

No matter how sour they taste.

This is where I am.

Or shall I say, where I've been.

And it's time.

Time to surrrender a lemon I've been wrestling with for far too long.

A lemon that's begging to be made into lemonade.

My heart is almost there.

The time is almost right.

To be set free from the lemon.

And to share the lemonade with all of you.

Not today.

But soon.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Hey,
Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you all. Take good care of yourselves,
Cindy

Mommy said...

((HUGS)). Lemonade is hard to make. Been there. Done that. Praying you will find peace in your lemonade.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Just wanted you to know that I loved this post. Praying you discover lemonade soon.

shelley said...

I can't wait to share the lemonade with you. It really tastes better when shared with friends. I will continue to lift you all up in prayer and KNOW that the Lord has the best plan in mind.

Kate said...

I love lemonade no matter how hard a time I have making it. It always tastes so refreshing once it is made looking forward to your lemonade Kate.
Ps thanks for al the bloggy words of encouragement

Flamingo said...

i hope your lemonade is the lemonade that i thought your were working at making.:) let me know when you are ready to sip some together:)

Heather said...

Just wanted you to know that I've been following along with SuSu's tests and your blog. I've tried to comment a few times but something is wrong with either Blogger or my computer because I can't get them to go through. I'm praying for you tonight and hope all is well.