Thursday, July 30, 2009

Surreal



Surreal......that seems like the best way to describe watching our SuSu experience the beach for the first time! For so many years we've dreamed about the day she would be with us on our family vacation to Stone Harbor, and this week it finally happened:)



This was our first overnite trip away from home since China, and we weren't quite sure how SuSu would adapt to being in a new place. But then again, what child isn't mesmerized by the ocean, the sand, and ice cream every nite?!



She took her first vacation all in stride, and loved having 4 days with her Nana & Poppaw!



And our Peanut? He's the ultimate beach bum. He can't get enough of the ocean, building sandcastles and looking for sand crabs and seashells! We were blessed with beautiful, hot sunny days, lots of yummy "chi" (food), and more ice cream than Mommy should have been eating!























7 comments:

Lena said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. SuSu looks soooo happy!

Cindy said...

Hey! We'll be down in Avalon lots in September. If you go down then drop me a line I would love to meet up with you for some ice cream and meet the fam!
Cindy

shelley said...

I am so jealous. What great pics you have. She gets prettier every time I see her....amazing what love can do.

emily said...

Beautiful pictures!

Tessa said...

Wow ... I could totally identify with this post ... because I too have those dreams of taking our daughter(s) to the beach with us someday! Each year I think "maybe next year" or "it's gotta be next year" and each year I am bummed that it didn't happen AGAIN. So, I also can't wait for the day when I can share such a special time with our family with the rest of my family! Looks like you guys had a great time ... and SuSu is such a cutie!

Kate said...

Your vacation pictures are beautiful susu is thriving at home with her family she looks so pretty and I love that you are letting her hair grow in. I too look forward to taking our son to the beach for the first time All the Best Kate

Unknown said...

What great pictures. You can literally see Susu transforming in your pictures. She just looks so happy. Gorgeous girl. It was good to see the rest of you all too. What a great vacation. Miss you all!