It's hard to believe that it was only three months ago today that our plane landed in Dulles Airport after a long, long day of 17 hours of flying and 6 hours of layovers.
It's hard to believe that it was only three months ago today that we walked through our front door together for the first time as a family of four, relieved, exhuasted, and anxious to get back to our "normal" lives.
It's hard to believe that it was only three months ago today all FOUR of us collapsed into our king sized bed, some of us laughing, some of us crying.....all of us suddenly aware that our lives had changed forever.
It's hard to believe that it was only three months ago today that I thought I knew my SuSu well, only to soon come to see that there was so much more to our Wuxi girl than I ever could have imagined.
It's hard to believe that it was only three months ago today that the 30 months of waiting finally came to an end........that our dream had come true........and that the real journey had only just begun!
It's hard to believe how far we've come from where we were! There is so much in my heart that I'm anxious and excited to share. So many thoughts and reflections of what it's been like to blend our lives together with SuSu's. What's it's been like to become a Mommy through the journey of adoption, and how VERY different it is than becoming a Mommy through the miracle of birth. What's it's been like to fall in love with this tiny little stranger, and to one day wake up and realize that "oh my goodness, this is my DAUGHTER"!
But I'll save those deep reflections for another day, and end today simply by saying "Happy 3 Months, SuSu!"
No comments:
Post a Comment