
Well, I pulled out my calendar today and did an "official" count of the number of days we've been waiting now for our Letter Of Confirmation......and it was a rather startling number.....are you all ready?? Today is Day #133 of the predicted 90-120 day wait. Hmmmmmm........maybe you're wondering why I didn't know this number right off the top of my head........and I'm sure you're wondering where, oh where, our letter might be!
To answer your first question, I have to admit that I just can't bear to keep track daily of the number of days we're waiting. As it is, I'm already beginning to lose my sanity with our adoption wait!! And having that number bobbing around in my head every moment of every day would probably put me over the edge:)
But more importantly, the answer to your second question.......we don't know! Yes, it's true. We really don't know. The way our Letter works is that our agency will first recieve it from Ch*na, and then our agency will call us to let us know it's on it's way to our home. Then, when our Letter arrives to us, we sign it, send it back to our agency, who then sends it back to Ch*na. We were reassured that this wait would, at the most, be around 120 days. As you can see, we're well beyond that now. Unfortunately there really isn't anything we can do. And there really isn't any reason that we know FOR SURE as to why the wait is growing. We have been noticing that other families from our agency and from other agencies are waiting beyond 120 days, too, so maybe this is some kind of trend. But not a trend we wanted to be a part of, for sure!!
So, as far as we know, nothing is wrong with our case. We just appear to be stuck:) Of course, Someone else knows exactly WHAT is going on and WHY. And He knows WHERE our Letter is and WHEN it will makes it's way to our doorstep:) So, I was just curious if that Somebody could maybe leave me a little hint.......and a little spiked egg nog to hold me over until it comes:)
5 comments:
LOL! I'm right there with you! Yes I have only been counting the days about once a week and then trying to forget about it till the next time I decide to count. I was glad to see that people who had been waiting only a few days longer than us got their LOA's yesterday!
Ugh! I know you are on pins and needles. I hope and pray it comes SOON!
You will have to go to the store and get your own spiked egg nog...I have drank all that was in our home. I'm with you...I think it is time to stop counting the days and making myself EVEN CRAZIER. I admire your spirit....I KNOW how hard the wait is. We are on day 110...SIGH
Oh I am so sorry for the delay :( Soon, soon, soon, I hope!
perhaps we can pool our resources together and hire a private investigator to look for those suckers.
oh yea.
we have no money.
Post a Comment