Today my thankful Thursday is dedicated to two wonderful people in my life who have walked with me through so many life epxeriences......my cousin, Lena, and my aunt, Debbie! This picture of them was taken a few short weeks ago at Michele's surprise 30th birthday party, where, as you can see, they were the life of the party:) Through the years, Lena & I have had a ball sharing rides in her very shiny PINTO & riding the water slides at Hersheypark over and over just to see that gorgeous guy who helps you off the slide at the end! Lena always makes me feel so special by complimenting my pumpkin pie & sharing her VERY snazzy hand-me-downs with me. I especially liked those leg warmers back in 4th grade......I wish they still fit 'cause I would wear them again in a heartbeat! I can always count on Lena to lend a listening ear, give me an encouraging word, and keep me laughing along this crazy journey otherwise known as my life:)
My dear Aunt Debbie has been a very special part of our lives & has such a giving spirit about her. When my sister's first husband, Adam, passed away five years ago, Debbie came over that very day and offered to stay at our home with Peanut for the nite (he was only 6 months old) so that I could go stay with Michele. She knew us well enough to know that, as much as I would want Peanut with me, I needed to be with my sister so much. Aunt Debbie & Uncle Carl even slept in our aweful bed that nite, which amounted to a mattress on the floor of our bedroom. Ahhh....those were the days:) I'll always be so grateful for them coming to our rescue during one of the most difficult times in our lives! On a much lighter note, Debbie is also well known around here for her amazing cream of crab soup, her yummy homemade ice cream and her rockin' New Years'Party!
Thank you, Lena & Debbie, for the wonderful ways that you've blessed us along our journey! You both have meant so much to me, and I'm so thankful that God has blessed me with the most amazing family:)
Oh, and just so that you don't worry about us sleeping on the floor, we eventually did buy a bed! Funny thing is that Debbie never offered to come sleep at our house after that nite.........
1 comment:
I am so honored to be your Thankful Thursday today...and I know you felt no pressure from Debbie and me the night of Michele's party :)
You are such a blessing to me. I admire your strength, wisdom, humor, and love for your family and God. My life is so much richer because you're in it.
Love ya!
Post a Comment