Thursday, December 18, 2008

100 Good Wishes Quilt



Oh, I'm so excited about doing something really special for our Maia, and I would LOVE if all of you would join in with me! I would like to collect fabric swatches to make a "Bai Jia Bei" or 100 Good Wishes Quilt for our Maia. It's a Chinese tradition to welcome a new baby, and I think it would be so precious to have for our little one. The idea is to send us a swatch of fabric (about 12 inches x 12 inches), as well as a small note with a wish from you to our Maia on it. We will place all of the notes together in a memory book for Maia, and have a quilt made from all the swatches! I have no idea if there are 100 people who read my blog, but I would love to recieve swatches from as many of you as possible:) If you would like to send us a swatch, but are unsure how to reach us, please leave a comment and I'll be in touch with you. And thank you for helping us create our little angel's quilt!

6 comments:

emily said...

What a neat idea!

Lena said...

I love this idea. I'll get a swatch to you.

Mommy said...

I'm in. Send me the address.

Flamingo said...

i love when motivated people do this! did you send out an email to all of your friends?

i'll hook up with you at our AA meeting. lol

Tessa said...

Love this! I would love to be a part of Maia's quilt ... I think you know my email address!

Joy said...

I just found your blog and I know this post is really old but I had to comment about the picture of the quilt. I know who's quilt this is. :-) We traveled to China together in 2004. I am using her pattern to make my first daughter's quilt.

Your new daughter is beautiful, btw. :-)

Joy