Monday, February 2, 2009

Not Me Monday



Because I don't want to keep Lena from being able to fully enjoy her Monday morning, I decided to write this post on Sunday, just so it would be ready to go early the next day! If you're wondering what this is all about, hop on over to McMamas blog where "Not Me Monday" started. Meanwhile, here are just a few "highlights" of my week........

I definately did NOT start crying while I was on the phone with the UPS lady when she told me that our visa application package didn't get delivered overnite as we had requested.

I certainly did NOT start sobbing in front of some of our closest friends at a get together while I was talking about our Maia. It's NOT like I've been an emotional basketcase for the past week or so.

There is NO WAY that my cell phone starting ringing at the highest volume in the middle of a very quiet work computer class on Wednesday. This did NOT cause more than a few giggles since my ringtone was playing the 80s hit "Brick House".

I absolutely did NOT gasp and then start laughing when I saw my husband running around the house in the new tighty whities that he had just bought himself at Wal-Mart. It's NOT like they look exactly like my dad's tighty whities, which I always saw hanging on the wash line out back all summer long as a kid.

I definately did NOT have to send our hermit crab to "trash heaven" this week because the ground out back is still too ice covered & frozen to allow a proper burial. This is surely NOT the same hermit crab that survived a two week journey of freedom around our house, only to die a few days after being safely returned to his "hermie hut".

I certainly did NOT find myself looking through the pictures of more waiting children yesterday after I had just promised myself that we would give ourselves a few more years to decide if we would adopt again!

3 comments:

Flamingo said...

oh my. not even I have looked through the waiting kiddos yet.

we might as well start planning our next trip now.

Lena said...

Thanks H...You did make my day brighter since the stupid groundhog tells us we are going to have 6 more weeks of winter. Plus it's the only thing that gets me out of bed on a Monday :)

Heather said...

Me too, me too! I always look at the WC photos. It's an addiction that I can't seem to break. My ringtone is "Stupid Girls" by Pink. I'm not that crazy about the tune but I love the message. Well, my phone once went off in court when I was testifying against a domestic violence defendant! Man, did I ever get a nasty look from that judge.

And you have the right to cry. You're the next closest thing to a pregnant, hormonal momma.

Take it easy girl...