Friday, February 27, 2009

Bathtub Prayers



While I was at the grocery store picking up yet another tube of scabies cream (you can never have enough of that stuff!), I ran into my good friend, Emily. Some of you may not know Emily, but she is actually the reason that our Letter of Confirmation finally arrived after 152 agonizing days! Well, maybe I should say that her bathtub prayers were the reason for the arrival of our Letter. I know. I know. That just can't be THE reason. But it sure was a strange coincidence:)

You see, right at the end of our wait for our Letter, Emily posted a comment on my blog that she was going to say a prayer in her bathtub that night for our Letter to come. And, wouldn't you know, it came two days later! So, when I saw Emily today, I decided that she needed to take a bubble bath tonight and pray about our Travel Approval, which also seems to be taking the slow boat to our house:)

And, I figure if one person praying in the tub was that powerful, how much more powerful would it be to have MANY people praying in their tubs?? So, if you have a chance to sneak away for a bubble bath or if you want an excuse to sneak away for one, tell them that Wuxi Mommy told you to go pray in your tub tonight! Even if our Travel Approval doesn't come, we'll all at least have had a nice long bubble bath......and who couldn't use that?

4 comments:

Mommy said...

I am actually headed there now. Count me in for bubbles and prayers. M

Cindy said...

I am late in the day for this post. But I plan on showering tomorrow morning and I will say a little prayer then. I think its works in the shower too :)

emily said...

I'm still prayin' for you and Flamingo ~ I'll be prayin' when you guys are in China and I'll be prayin' when you come home and live life togther!

Come on China! Call!!!!

Flamingo said...

you should have posted a warning for us in waiting not to drown ourselves in the bubbles! lol