
Week three has been a pretty good week, but the scale only showed one more little pound! It looks like I'm taking the slow but sure route this time around. Making better food choices is honestly getting easier and easier as time goes by, and I feel like I have a lot more energy now than I did before I started eating broccoli again:) My biggest struggle this week was getting enough fruits and veggies. I'm allergic to a lot of fruits, so I have to really make a big effort to eat veggies. Which I don't mind, as long as there's a nice slab of butter on them. Seriously....why does a helping of cauliflower always taste a lot better when it has a tasty coating of margarine??
My other area of weakness is exercise. I confess. No, I haven't done any. Yet. But I did actually buy The Total Body Makeover workout DVD yesterday, which has four rather scary looking workouts to tone every inch of myself. It was hard to decide what I needed most.....the Ultimate Abs, The Firm Thighs, The Long & Lean Yoga for beginners......But then I saw it. The TOTAL BODY workout. That should cover everything I need.... and more:) Right now the DVD is sitting quietly on the kitchen counter, waiting so patiently to be opened. My big plan is to actually open it and try the Cardio Party Express that promises to be a "heart pumping, fat-burning workout that will rev up your weight loss results". That's what I need! So Cardio Party Express , ready or not, here I come!
Tommorrow......
6 comments:
How awesome! I'm sure the one pound was frustrating, but feeling healthier about your eating must feel good.
Last time I tried a work-out tape was 2001, and it made me very, very angry. I am not coordinated so I couldn't do what they were doing AT ALL. I'm sure you'll have better luck - I don't know anyone as uncoordinated as I am... ;)
A pound a week sounds healthy. Don't get discouraged - losing it fast feels good, but doesn't last. Slow and steady.
Have you tried a sprinkle of grated cheese on your veggies? It still has fat and calories, but not nearly as much as butter. And it's salty enough to make everything taste good.
A little black pepper is even healthier, but I've found it makes veggies only marginally more appealing, and the grated cheese is much more effective at getting me to eat green things.
Oddly enough, AwesomeCloud devours foods with grated cheese on them, too.
I like the grated cheese idea! I haven't tried it yet, but I think I will because the butter is a big no no and I miss the flavor so much. Thanks for the tip and encouragement!!
Well, I lost 5 lbs. this week - but is also my first week! I know it comes off faster in the beginning! I am excited to be joining you on this journey .. and I am also struggling with exercise. I doing pretty good with the eating ... and getting used to the hunger pangs! My stomach should soon shrink, right?
Good luck Heather!! I agree with how hard it is to exercise. My big try at it this week was dancing to the Wiggles with Annelise for a half an hour. We tried to do all the dance moves with Murray, Jeff, Greg and Anthony. I told my dr. that this was going to be my new exercise plan...she thought I was joking. It is the only way I can get it in and entertain little ones at the same time! :-) Anyway, really I hope the cardio express party is as much fun as the Wiggles!! - Charissa
wish i could provide exercise inspiration for ya:) did you think of the wii fit? i heard that it is a really good work out and fun
also did you consider getting that molly mcbutter stuff? i think they still make it. i think that isn't real butter but you sprinkle it on.
i will encourage you that you CAN like veggies without butter. we have never put butter on our veggies and my kids LOVE veggies. i dont' say it to brag...just to say that you can acquire the taste:)
Post a Comment