Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Weigh In Wednesday




This morning was weigh-in time. Yuck. I was nervous hopping on that scale. Partly because this is PMS week, and I'm retaining more fluid than the Atlantic Ocean holds. And partly because we had a lot of social events this past week where I was tempted by all my old friends. Pizza. Nachos. Soda. Brownies. Oh how I miss those guys.

Ahhhhh, but back to the weigh in. Only one pound. Sigh. Not as exciting as the four I lost last week, but not as bad as I thought it might be. I'm hoping things will pick up once I can get rid of all this extra water next week:)

My next big challenge is getting some kind of exercise routine started. Since finances are tight and time is limited, the gym is kind of out of the picture right now. But I have my sights on some pretty cool Wii fitness games that I think might make exercising fun again:) Somewhere in my 30s, exercise and fun stopped going together in the same sentance.

Some of you have asked what weight loss plan I'm following. I'm doing weight watchers, which I did a few years ago with wonderful success! I like it because it doesn't eliminate any foods, but you just really have to watch your portion size. So if I just have to have a chimichanga once in awhile, it's okay. But a chimichanga every day? Not such a great idea! The first week I was so hungry I couldn't do anything without thinking about my next bag of pretzels or piece of string cheese. But towards the end of week 2, I could actually do laundry without dreaming about celery sticks:) So there is hope.

The place where I always seem to run into trouble is at work. Ironic since you would think we nurses are all into healthy stuff:) Notsomuch......We love to treat ourselves to all sorts of delectable things like donuts, cookies, candy.......see my problem? I've found that packing yummy low-cal aternatives is reall helping. As long as I can get myself motivated to do it the night before!

For all of you who shared with me privately that you're traveling this weight loss journey in 2010, too, keep on keeping on! Each week we're one step closer to feeling good in front of the mirror and putting on our favorite pair of shorts again in a few months. I have to say that just knowing I'm doing something makes me feel better. I had so many bad habits that it was overwhelming at first. I knew it would be baby steps. But soon weeks will turn into months and the pounds will add up:)

October 23rd is right around the corner!

3 comments:

shelley said...

We are doing WW too. I give you encouragement to continue. Know that 2 people in Texas as thinking of eating all the time too.

Miss you

Flamingo said...

proud of ya...know that office food does NOT make things any easier!

Anonymous said...

You don't know me, but I read your blog almost every day. I have a six year old biological son, and we are in the process of adopting a 2-4 year old girl from Bulgaria. I read your posts to get points about toddler adoption! I was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism after my son was born, but it took years before anyone figured out what was wrong with me. I decided to start a diet and exercise program as well, and wanted to recommend Wii Fit Plus. It is kinda expensive, but has been the only thing to keep me exercising! I get bored working out, and turning it into a game really helps. Good luck!