
Guess whose going to Kindergarten next fall?? Our little dynamo is making her debut at big school in a few short months, and I don't think I've ever seen anybody as excited as she is for kindergarten! A few days ago we got a phone call from Peanut's elementary school, asking if SuSu would be starting in the fall. Is it really that time of the year already to send in the paperwork?? I can't believe it!
SuSu has never ceased to amaze me in her independence and perserverance in everything she does. She's been begging me mercilessly to go to big school with Peanut ever since he started in the fall, and it breaks my heart when I see those crocodile tears on her cheeks in the mornings when he hops out of the car, leaving her behind. She wants to be a big kid more than anything else in the whole world!
Before she ever came home, Prince Charming and I had this marvelous plan that we would send her to preschool this year, pre-K next year and then to kindergarten in 2011. We figured she wouldn't be ready for school quite yet in 2010 and we didn't feel we should rush her into things. Especially since we didn't send Peanut to kindergarten 'til he was 6. But SuSu had other plans. Big school plans:) And honestly, I think she's gonna be ready in another 7 months.
Our two biggest concerns were her language and her physical needs. In China she was extremely delayed in language. But at home? Not one bit delayed! In fact, she's been chattering away in English so long that none of us can remember when she only spoke Chinese. And her physical needs? She's determined not to let them stand in her way one bit. Once we went to big girl underwear, nothing was gonna stop her. We're watching her overcome an obstacle that seemed physically impossible!
So there really isn't any way I could hold our SuSu back at home another year.....even though Mommy might have some crocodile tears of her own when it comes time for big school to start in the fall. This is just one more amazing piece of the SuSu puzzle that reminds me again how He truly IS able to turn the impossible into the possible! Every day I look at our little one and see miracle after miracle unfolding, and wonder how far this precious girl is gonna go in her life. Somehow I have a feeling we'll just be hanging on for the ride!
4 comments:
I SO get this... the Tongginator could not WAIT for kindergarten, but her Momma (yeah, that would be me) was crying huge crocodile tears over it. It's definitely an adjustment, but I've found that volunteering in her classroom as much as possible helps both of us. And - truly - it's so much fun to watch her grow this year. Her world is that much bigger. Which makes my little extrovert that much happier.
Glad to hear that Susu is making such great strides. It is very encouraging to hear about her starting school. Matthew also seems very delayed in language even Chinese. He only speaks single words and communicates mostly by making gestures. We are hopeful after some time home hat will improve. Susu gives me faith that it will All the Best KAte.
Oh they grow TOO FAST!!! But it does remind me how different each kid is - they're all ready at different times. Sounds like she's going to be ready!
c'mon you can little "woo hoo" out:)
Post a Comment