
After I wrote my post yesterday, I was reading through an adoption blog, and there it was. A poem called "The Weaver". The mom who had posted this poem had been waiting for 3 1/2 years to bring home her adopted children. Three & a half years! I knew she had been where I am. I know she knew the agony of the wait. I know she knew the fears. I know she knew the disappointments. I know she knew the doubts. It was overwhelming and comforting and healing to read her story. It gave me confidence and hope and peace once more in "The Weaver's" plan. I wish I could say that reading the poem is making the waiting easier......well, maybe it is a little, tiny bit. What I am finding, though, is that reading it REMINDS me once more that God has a special plan for every detail of our journey, even the waiting. His timing is never too early or too late. Maia will be in our arms on just the right day, and not a moment before or a moment after. I don't understand it all now. I may never really understand it all even after she's home. But Someone does understand. And Someone is putting these pieces together to create something beautiful. Enjoy "The Weaver".
by Benjamin Malacia Franklin
My Life is but a weaving
between my Lord and me;
I cannot choose the colors
He worketh steadily.
Oft times He weaveth sorrow
And I, in foolish pride,
Forget He sees the upper,
And I the under side.
Not til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly,
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver’s skillful hand,
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.
He knows, He loves, He cares,
Nothing this truth can dim.
He gives His very best to those
Who leave the choice with Him.
1 comment:
Oh Heather! I love this poem! Thank you for sharing. It was what I needed today :-)
Elaine
Post a Comment