Monday, October 13, 2008

To Nest Or Not To Nest


Well, it seems the nesting bug is coming back around here in full swing! For a few months, all was quiet in the nesting department, but the bug bit me again yesterday. We spent the afternoon shopping for all sorts of wonderful things to complete Maia's room, and it felt soooo good! It's a funny thing, this nesting intuition we Mommy's have. What I've noticed is that men definately don't have the nesting instinct. In fact, not only do men not have this gift, they have no idea what it even is (poor M). The next thing I've noticed about nesting is that it comes and goes, but you sure better be ready when it comes! I was one determined woman yesterday and nothing could come between me and my nest (aka Maia's room). M and Peanut were actually really good sports during our adventures around town, and Tristan even helped me put some of Maia's clothes away after her dresser was assembled. Woops, I better not give everything away!

The reason my post is titled "To Nest Or Not To Nest" is because just a few days ago I was going through a really low time of worrying that this all may not happen for us after all. As crazy as it seems, my heart gets so paralyzed with fear that I just avoid even going into Maia's room altogether. I try to stay as optimistic as possible, more for Peanut's sake than my own, but there's another side of me that wonders if our Maia will really ever be in our arms. In fact, this fear was so big for the past two months that I just couldn't bring myself to even look at the furniture we need for her. But I kept praying about this and asking God for the peace that only HE can give about such things. And, when I woke up Sunday morning, I knew I was turning a corner! We found a piece of carpet, a dresser and a book shelf for her room, and it's coming together so well. I promise to post a few pictures once my handyman has had a chance to put the finishing touches on the book shelf!

The best part of it all was that I found Peanut asleep in Maia's bed this morning:) When he woke up, I asked him why he was in her room. His answer? "I guess I was just sleep walking, Mommy!".

1 comment:

Flamingo said...

i need to get some of that nesting going on over here....then maybe i would actually clean and do laundry!