Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thankful Thursday



"My sister hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fades." Anonymous

Today I want to take a moment and say how very thankful I am for my sister, Michele! You might see her name pop up a lot on my blog, and it's for a very special reason:) She's one of my dearest friends and one of the most precious people in my life. For as long as I can remember, we've been as close as can be. Now, since my mom's reading this blog, I have to fess up that we've had a few of our "moments"! But, all in all, through the days of barbies, of big 80s hair, boyfriends and first dates, weddings and diaper bags, we've remained bestest friends.

When I think about the past 30 years, it's hard to know how to begin to share with all of you the story of "us"! We've been through so much together.......and then some:) She's been with me through our graduations, our weddings, the births of our sons, my surgeries, the "boy haircut years" and so much more! She's the one who knows me like no one else knows me........in the way only a sister can:) She's the keeper of my old boyfriend secrets (shhhh....), the extra tissue giver when my sleeve is getting full, the "hey, you have broccoli in your teeth" noticer, the "are you going to wear that?" fashion detector, the 80s high bangs use-a-whole-bottle-of-hair-spray-at-once creator, and quite possibly the best sister in the whole entire world!!

"If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she's probably wearing your best sweater." Pam Brown

1 comment:

Flamingo said...

you have been given a great gift. i am still jealous of those that have sisters.

yes, i know that is a sin.