Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Oh, The Paperwork!



I just wanted to fill everyone in on what we're doing around here this week......now how did you all guess?! We're looking over our travel paperwork!! Yes, there's more paperwork to do:) My friend, Billie, and I shared a pot of coffee and sorted through the travel paperwork pile this morning, only to become even more confused than before! Did I just hear an "Amen" from you over there, Billie?

It's exciting and overhwhelming to realize that this is IT! Even though we won't be traveling for about another 8 weeks, the next paperwork shuffle goes into full swing in about 4 weeks when our "Letter Of Confirmation" should be arriving from China. We'll be filing for our visas and compiling many more immigration forms ,etc. to make Maia officially ours! It's finally sinking in for me that our little angel is REALLY coming home. Two months flies by at our house, so I know that Christmas will be here in a flash. I'm trying to keep ahead of what is bound to be a crazy time for us. I'm not sure how I feel about packing for China two weeks before Christmas, but we will survive somehow:)

Maia's room is done and we feel like our house is ready for our new addition! So now I'll try to figure out the nitty gritty paperwork (my least favorite part of all of this) and then........PACKING!! Anyone know what to pack for a two weeks stay in China with two small children??

1 comment:

Flamingo said...

AMEN! It's funny because I was thinking that on the way home...I'm more confused than I was when I started!!!