Praise the Lord!! Susannah came through her surgery very well yesterday!! She has to stay on the vent for another day or two, but is making great progress already. Her surgery combined two procedures in one and lasted a full 12 hours. Wow....I can't imagine! The surgeons opted to do both procedures in the same surgery to spare Susannah from going through another heart surgery if possible and so far, so good. It looks like she will now only have one ventricle in her heart (normally there two ventricles, which are the bottom chambers of the heart), but I think this was what they expected. The nurses are discovering that Susannah is pretty fiesty for her tiny size, and is keeping them busy with her attempts at pulling out the vent. Yikes!! God bless the nurses who care for our little angels:) I think I'll stick with the bigger "angels"..........
The above picture was taken the night before Susannah's surgery. What a wonderful story!
No comments:
Post a Comment