Monday, September 29, 2008

So Proud Of Our Peanut!!



We got a wonderful little surpise in the mail on Saturday from the principal of Peanut's school! He's been chosen to be honored with the "Kids With Character" cerificate for his class for the month of October!! Needless to say, we're soooo very proud of our Peanut and that his little "light" is shining bright! The certificate is awarded each month to a child who "knows the good, desires the good and does the good". Wow! I get teary eyed just thinking about it. (Daddy does, too:)

When Peanut was about a year old, a lady at my church gave me the book "The Power of A Praying Parent". Each chapter enourages you to pray for your child in different ways, and one of the main themes in the book is praying about their character. Through the years I've tried to pray faithfully for Peanut, but I have to be honest that there were lots of days when I worried that all my mistakes were cancelling out those prayers! Thankfully, it's really our Heavenly Father who builds those unique character qualities in our children's hearts, and all He asks of us as mommys is to our best:) I'm so excited that Peanut's life is touching the lives of his teachers and friends, and I pray his light keeps shining in a world that so much needs to see Jesus!

"In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the truth - that after all is said and done it is really the Lord who molds and makes them - that's not saying we don't have influence though. Or responsibility. Thank you for that insight.

Lena said...

What a wonderful honor for Tristan and you and Marty! It's a huge compliment to you both as parents...even when you aren't watching or there with him, he knows good, sees good and does good. Celebrating with you all!