Tuesday, September 23, 2008

School Days



For all of you that have been praying for our Peanut during these first weeks of school.....thank you!! Peanut is doing so well and really enjoying school!! He gets a little teary eyed some days around lunch when it's getting close to our time to leave, but he comes home bouncing and happy and full of fun stories about his days. He really loves his teacher, too, and I think that makes all the difference. Thank goodness for Mrs. Seitz!

Mommy's adjusting pretty well, too, to Kindergarten:) Even though I have some teary moments,it makes me so happy to see Peanut doing well and feeling good about school. Having some time alone can be pure heaven for us Moms, and I'm trying to put my "free time" to good use:) I've started walking and reading some good books, two luxuries I just didn't have for a looooong time! And I try to resist the urge to pick up "Mr. Clean" every afternoon (I'm a little bit of a cleaning nut), although I always here "him" calling me from the closet.

After many months of paperchasing, illnesses and worry, I feel like God has given me a much needed gift.....the gift of time....time to be still.....to listen.....to hear.......to pray......to rest......to wait......to heal......to prepare.......I'm finding it's a season I would never have given myself. But somehow God knew what I needed without my asking. He knew I would need a season of quiet and stillness now. He knows the days ahead when Maia first comes home will take all I have. To welcome home a toddler from China with special needs will take all a Mommy has to give.......and then some! And I want to be ready in every way to give her all I have to give!! God knew that, too:) So I'm thanking Him daily for this gift of time, for whatever amount of days it lasts. I know the next chapter of the journey will be all the more sweet if I let Him prepare my life now.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die
a time to plant and a time to uproot
a time to kill and a time to heal
a time to tear down and a time to build
a time to weep and a time to laugh
a time to mourn and a time to dance
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them
a time to embrace and a time to refrain
a time to search and a time to give up
a time to keep and a time to throw away
a time to tear and a time to mend
a time to be silent and a time to speak
a time to love and a time to hate
a time for war and a time for peace."
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8

No comments: