For some reason, my heart has been so touched by Susannah's story. I've been following her family's blog daily and have been feeling burdened to pray for them and share their amazing story on my blog. God has really been using their journey to reach so many lives, and my own life has been changed by seeing the miracles He's doing in precious Susannah. I know bringing home a toddler from China with special needs has been quite a faith journey for Marty & I, but I feel as if my own faith is so tiny compared to the faith of this family. I really can't imagine placing our Maia in the hospital the day after we come home from China, knowing she will endure open heart surgery and possibly never come home to stay. My heart aches at the thought that our Maia will most likely endure some kind of surgery after she comes home, but nothing compared to heart surgery. I don't know if I could have made a commitment to walk the journey this family is walking. I really don't think I could.
But even as I'm writing this, I know, deep down, that I never thought we would be walking the journey we're walking, either. I never imagined we would have actually looked for a waiting child or felt such peace when we found her. I'm sure this family also had that peace when they saw Susannah for the first time. I know that they did. It's the peace that only God can give, the peace of being right where we're meant to be. There hasn't been a day that's gone by since we were matched to Maia that I ever doubted that she was "the one" for our family. I don't lay awake at night worrying if we made a mistake. I don't ever think that we should have stayed on the list for a "healthy" child. I don't ever wish we would have just "played it safe". But I can't take any credit for this! I know it's a supernatural peace, a supernatural love, a supernatural reassurance that Maia is ours. I know Susannaha's family feels this, too. I know God gave them this beautiful little angel to love for however many days she has with them. It may be a few short days......it may be many years to come!
It's been so good for me to be reminded that this journey has so little to do with me or my abilities. It's not even about my faith or lack of it. It's all about Him, the One who called me. It's about His grace and His glory. When we're right there in the center of His will, right there in the eye of the storm, His glory shines the most. I see Susannah's family there and I'm humbled and amazed. She went through a three hour heart cath yesterday and will endure a 12 hour open heart surgery on Tuesday to try to save her life. Please continue to pray for her and her family this week. I'll be continuing to update her story on my blog, but I would encourage all of you to follow along on her mom's blog HERE Her words are just so powerful.
No comments:
Post a Comment