It's official everyone. Mommy is really missing Peanut! I've done about 100 loads of laundry, cleaned the house from top to bottom and made my daily visit to Giant.....all of this to keep myself from thinking too much about that little someone in Kindergarten. I wondered when the day would come when the quiet in the house would be, well......too quiet. The first few days weren't so bad. All of us moms know there are endless things to be done around the house and it's oh, so much easier to do them when we have the house to ourselves! And I was a woman on a mission for those first four afternoons of freedom. I still have a list as long as my refrigerator door of things to do before Maia comes home, but what I really want to do is play at the park or sing silly songs in the car or catch fun bugs in the garden.......all the while listening to the endless chatter of a certain cutie pie. Thankfully, that little cutie pie is absolutely LOVING school! It does Mommy's heart well to see him happily running up to his teacher with a big smile on his face every afternoon. Now, if Mommy can just find a way to enjoy Kindergarten as much as Peanut does........
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Missing My Peanut
It's official everyone. Mommy is really missing Peanut! I've done about 100 loads of laundry, cleaned the house from top to bottom and made my daily visit to Giant.....all of this to keep myself from thinking too much about that little someone in Kindergarten. I wondered when the day would come when the quiet in the house would be, well......too quiet. The first few days weren't so bad. All of us moms know there are endless things to be done around the house and it's oh, so much easier to do them when we have the house to ourselves! And I was a woman on a mission for those first four afternoons of freedom. I still have a list as long as my refrigerator door of things to do before Maia comes home, but what I really want to do is play at the park or sing silly songs in the car or catch fun bugs in the garden.......all the while listening to the endless chatter of a certain cutie pie. Thankfully, that little cutie pie is absolutely LOVING school! It does Mommy's heart well to see him happily running up to his teacher with a big smile on his face every afternoon. Now, if Mommy can just find a way to enjoy Kindergarten as much as Peanut does........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i'm not there yet. i embrace my quiet afternoons!!! sadly i'm not too productive...i end up spinning in circles sometimes.
however, after i talked with debbie today i felt good and then i got the floor washed!
Post a Comment