Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The First Day Of School



Amazing!! Truly amazing!! Our first day of school went so well!! Mommy was awake bright and early, preparing for what I was thinking would be a really difficult morning. But what a wonderful surprise when everybody woke up all smiles, excited and ready for the first day!! There weren't even any tears (except if you count Mommy's on the drive home). Peanut was a little nervous, but I think knowing that SuSu was looking up to him really helped. He gave her the whole rundown during breakfast on what happens during preschool, and she listened wide-eyed as he told her she would have to sit still during lesson time:) Once bookbags were packed, both kiddos ran outside to get some of that last minute energy out before we headed off to 1st grade. Our first stop was Peanut's new school, and even though he hesitated a bit, there weren't any tears as he greeted the principle at the door. Then we were off to preschool, where SuSu shocked the pants right off Momma and Babba by running right into her class and never looking back!! I'm not even kidding you!! I had to actually run over to her to remind her to give Mommy a hug and kiss. She was already busy playing with the toy vacuum and didn't bat an eyelash when we turned to go. She was all smiles and soooo excited to be a big girl!! Isn't God so good? He's given our little SuSu such confidence and joy!! I can't believe she's the same timid, shy little girl that joined our family 5 months ago. And our Peanut. WOW. Today was a huge moment for him. He's struggled with such anxiety, and the first days, and even weeks, of preschool and kindergarten were really difficult for him. There were so many tears, and he would get so worried that he would actually throw up on the way to school. Praise God for the peace He's given Peanut today. I think Mommy was probably the one with all the worries this morning. But better me than them! Here are a few of the pictures I snapped before we left. It was a beautiful, sunny, cool September morning. Perfect first day of school!
















5 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

I can't believe it's just been five months... wow. Amazing. And congrats to both of your not-so-little-ones-anymore on their first days of school.

TheLab said...

Peanut's sounds like such an amazing big brother!!! So kind!

And the photo of SuSu and the flower is breathtaking!

Cindy said...

Congratulations to Peanut & SuSu!!! Job well done!!!

Lori said...

Your kids are so beautiful! So happy their first day went so smoothly.

Flamingo said...

YEA!!! that's awesome! what a huge relief! enjoying a little break now? :)

hey it's soon that time to get together again!