Wednesday, September 30, 2009

6 Months Ago Today!



Six months ago today we welcomed into our arms for the first time our precious Maia! When I looked back over our China pictures, it seems like a lifetime ago that we were there. My oh my, how much our girl has blossomed in that short time. I took a walk back memory lane and posted a picture from each month since we've come home. The transformation still amazes me! Above is a photo of our SuSu on "Gotcha Day" just minutes after her nanny brought her to us. The only thing that appeased her that day were lolipops.....lots of lolipops!

Below is one of my favorite pictures of our little one in Nanjing, just a few days after she joined our family. She was so scared, so timid, so tiny. We rarely saw a smile that first week.




April 2009.....home only a few weeks and look at that big smile!





May 2009.....our two kiddos had already become so close!





June 2009......we celebrated SuSu's 4th birthday. What a magical day for everyone!





July 2009.....SuSu's first trip to the beach!




August 2009......SuSu being silly!




September 2009.....dressing up with Mommy!




How amazing to finally have our silly SuSu home after almost three years of waiting! Why did it seem like time went by so slowly during the waiting but is flying by now that she's here?? We love you to bits, SuSu!! I know Mommy will blink and another 6 months will have disappeared.

6 comments:

shelley said...

Happy 6 months. I can't believe how our little ones have changed. Love of a family is sooooo good.

Jolene Powell said...

Wow! What a beautiful smile! I love reading stories of families who adopted from Jiangsu. Beautiful children! You can see such a change in her face. Amazing!
Jolene

emily said...

I just love reading your blog, thank you so much for sharing your story with us Wuxi. I am being so encouraged by how God is leading you through each thing. Sometimes it is easier to see God at work in other people's lives more so than our own. At least that seems to be with me at this point in my life. Thanks for writing about your adventure in creating a family and your walk with God through it all. I always look forward to reading more!

Unknown said...

Yes! Happy 6 months! I can't believe how time has flown either. It was wonderful to catch up with you the other day! We need to talk more :-)

Cindy said...

A big congrats and happy 6 month anniversary!!! She gets cuter with each passing month!!!

TheLab said...

SOOO cool that this morning on my way to work I heard a radio broadcast that I could not WAIT to post somewhere on your blog, but thought "my comment won't make sense if her post is just a silly story from the day" and I click on your post, and it's about EXACTLY what I wanted to tell you!!!! (Did any of that make sense?)

I was listening to Family Life Today this morning, and it is TOTALLY for you and your friends who have adopted as well! PLEASE stream it from your computer if you can:

http://www.familylife.com/site/c.dnJHKLNnFoG/b.3843443/

They had a guest who adopted children from Russia (I only heard the end, unfortunately), and one of the things he talked about was FOOD ISSUES!!!

I cried the entire 6 minutes I listened to it - I cannot imagine how great it would be for you to hear! What awesome stories.

Praising God with you and your family on your 6-month anniversary!