Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sweet Sammy



While we were settling into our hotel room in Beijing way back in March, my sister was back home here settling into her hospital room, about ready to give birth to my cutie pie nephew, Sammy! Little Sam hasn't gotten nearly enough attention on my blog, so I thought I had better make up for lost time and devote a whole post to him:) He's the sweetest little guy with the brightest smile and most laid back personality. SuSu and Peanut love him to bits.....or maybe I should say that we all love him to bits!



I snapped a few pictures of Sammy at our Labor Day picnic on Monday while he was enjoying his squash:)



Don't you just wanna squeeze him??



Sammy has a big brother, Nicky, who was busy playing with a wonderful creature that will get some publicity on my blog later this week!



But meanwhile, Sammy was just gobbling up that squash, and being as cute as could be while I was capturing those chubby cheeks on film.



Sammy has a look all his own.......and nobody quite knows for sure which side of the family tree he takes after:) You never know what will happen when you mix my fair skinned, light haired sister with her dark haired, Italian husband......Well, I guess now you do! Because here he is......sharing "belly time" on the blanket with SuSu.....who adores him, by the way:)









And then there's our Peanut.....who always likes taking a minute to snuggle with Sammy, too!



What a pair.....our two newest additions......both joined our family in the same week.....in very different ways......both have their very unique looks......precious, beautiful, happy......our SuSu and Sammy!

3 comments:

emily said...

He's got such beautiful eyes!

(is that thing your going to blog about later this week a bunny? Just wondering.)

Tessa said...

What a cutie! How fun that there were 2 additions to your family the same week in 2 amazing ways!

Flamingo said...

wow! i don't know that i ever saw him before! how different he looks from nicky!! he's a cutie!