Friday, September 25, 2009

Our Wuxi Girls




Today we visited with Flamingo Mama
and some of her flock, who luckily happen to live in our town! Our Wuxi girls came home together on April 9th, and we try to hang out at least once a month so our girls can grow up together. Funny thing is that our girls don't always play all that much together when we hang out! Today they did actually play with each other awhile, but then they separated and did their own things. Sadly I didn't hear the girls speaking to each other in Chinese at all today the way they did last month. It was so fun to hear them chattering away in Chinese a few weeks ago, but maybe their language is already beginning to fade? It makes me sad to imagine that this part of our girls will soon be lost. Already they both are speaking fluently in English and their receptive language is amazing! They seem to know nearly 100% of what we're saying.





The one thing I've come to realize along this journey is how valuable it is to have another adoptive Mommy to bounce things off of. Even though this isn't my first child, the whole experience has been signficantly different than raising a biological child. I find myself with so many questions lately, and thankfully Flamingo Mama and many others always come to my rescue! Even though our girls don't always seem too interested in each other right now, I hope that one day their connection with each other will becoming something special. At times it seems they're both still sorting through all these changes and trying to make sense of what it means to be here, rather than in Wuxi. We wonder if being together brings back good or bad memories. If it triggers anything from their past or holds any signficance in their minds. How I wish I knew what they were thinking! Maybe some day we will. Won't that be something??

4 comments:

Flamingo said...

wow! you are fast! you posted this already! i'm still posting my pornographic cakes! lol

i still think what a blessing!!! an absolute blessing that we live near each other! and yes...thank goodness for each other or we would think we were the only ones sticking a fork in our heads! lol

hey..speaking of forks? how is the feeding thing going? your hubby can thank me later...i'm ingenious with that one:) lol

emily said...

It is going to be so interesting watching you two families! It has been so far! And I think it is simply amazing how quickly the girls are learning a whole new language, especially ours.

Lola Granola said...

Can you believe it--we did some visiting ourselves today, too! Fellow travelers on the road are WAY important.

Tessa said...

It was so great to meet you and SuSu! I loved being a part of your playdate ... and I am going to have to use one of your pics for my weekly highlights, since I didn't take any! I love that you and Flamingo Mama have such an amazing opportunity to raise your girls together ... what an blessing!