Thursday, September 24, 2009

Applesauce Recipe



For those of you who were interested in making your own yummy batch of homemade applesauce, here's the recipe I used. It's from "Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook", and we love it!

Ingredients:

16 Apples (peeled, cored and cut into chunks)
2 tsp cinnamon
1 Cup water
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
Dash of nutmeg (this is an extra that we like!)

Combine all the above ingredients in your slow cooker. Cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 4 hours. When the applesauce is done cooking, it will very lumpy. I use a hand mixer for several minutes to get the applesauce to a texture that we like. Enjoy!

2 comments:

emily said...

Good idea with the hand mixer - I wouldn't have thought of that! I make apple butter in a crock pot and it always turns out too lumpy. Now I'll try using my hand mixer - thanks!

Lena said...

Thank you for posting the recipe...I was going to email you for it!