Friday, April 17, 2009

Thank Goodness For Spring!



Today I noticed that the daffodils were in full bloom, and I realized that very soon it will be summertime! Being the gardening junkie that I am, I had to take a few pictures of the daffodils to celebrate the coming of my favorite time of the year:) Peanut and SuSu have really been enjoying the beautiful warm days, too, and I can't tell you how good it feels to be outside in the sun after two long weeks in a hotel room. Yeah Spring!









This morning we had a visit with my grandma, and SuSu was so excited to snuggle with her and show her all her toys and treasures. We continue to be amazed how much SuSu has really warmed up to everyone and doesn't seem to be nearly as timid or shy as she was in China. We even ventured out to the supermarket yesterday and were shocked when she easily hopped into the shopping cart and didn't have any meltdowns when we went up and down the aisles. We gave her a banana as soon as we got into the store and she was as good as gold! I say that we were shocked because shopping with SuSu in China was horrendous. She grabbed for anything and everything in sight and had many many meltdowns while we were at the little shops in Guangzhou. I was prepared for all of this here in the US, and am still pinching myself at how well it went. I guesss that banana was all it took:)

SuSu's been on a few car rides now, too, and has handled them so well, too. I think seeing that Peanut is in a car seat with her really helps, and we've only had one crying episode so far with the seatbelt. She rides along each day to take Peanut to and from school and didn't even cry the first day that we dropped him off. Of course, she asks me all afternoon long about him, but seems satisfied when I say that he's at school. I wish you all could see how happy she is when it's time to go pick him up......you would think it's Christmas! I can't tell you how good it feels to see how much love and affection there is already between them. I couldn't ask for a better pair:)

Thank you to everyone for all of your cards, the yummy meals and many prayers over the past weeks and months! You have no idea how much all of your support has meant to us during our journey. We truly felt such peace in China and now here at home, and there were countless times when we knew that someone was lifting us up because we would never had the strength to do what we've done on our own!



Tonight Peanut is spending the night with his Nana and Pop-pa and poor SuSu was so lost without him. It's still hard for me to believe how strong the bond is between her and all of us in such a short time, but I see it growing more and more each day. I think I had prepared my heart for the worst, and am amazed over and over when I realize that we've gotten the best!

1 comment:

me23akpoff said...

Oh Heather..she is so precious! She looks so happy!! I am so thankful things are going so well..we are praying for you! Love, Amy