Today we did some sightseeing in Nanjing, and it felt so good to get some fresh air! We toured a brocade factory and the Wall in Nanjing. By the time we finished, Maia was pretty exhausted and fell asleep in my arms in the taxi on the way back to the hotel. She seems to come out of her shell so much more when it's just the three of us in the hotel room, but we're seeing a few more smiles when we go out.
Below is a picture of a fashion show that was going on in the brocade store.
This is a picture of the women working in the brocade factory.
This is the front of the factory. The entrance was beautiful with water fountains and statues.
This is Mommy and Maia walking down the steps of the Nanjing Wall.
And this is Daddy and Peanut standing beside some of the huge statues around the Wall. Maia was really scared of the statues, so we had to stay as far away as possible from them!
It's amazing to see each day how our Maia blossoms and changes. She even let Momma wash her a bit more today and smiled when we played in the water! This was a huge step for us. She's a really good sleeper and slept all nite again last night. We usually need to rock her or hold her until she falls asleep, but it's literally a matter of a few minutes until she's asleep in our arms.
Tommorrow we fly to Guangzhou at 7pm and then stay at the White Swan until April 9th, when we finally come home. Please continue to pray that we all stay well and strong, and that we learn the best way to meet our Maia's needs. We love you all and are anxious for you to meet our SuSu!
4 comments:
Precious girl! It sounds like she's slowly adjusting. We're still praying for your family (and all of the Nanjing 8). Your half way there!
Oh Heather, You make my day everytime I read your update (usually with tears in my eyes). Ben and Ella also look forward to reading it and seeing the pictures. Ella has big plans for her and Maia..it's amazing how much she talks about her. I am so glad things are going so well..love you lots,,praying for you lots and miss you lots, Amy
Heather,
I hope things are going well. It seems as though Maia is slowly but surely becoming more comfortable as part of the family. I promise that will only get better each and every day. She is beautiful and I think she has the wisest eyes I ever seen. My guess is that you're going to be hearing what those eyes have seen very soon.
Thanks for the hand-off to Billie. I really appreciate you taking care of us.
Enjoy China because it will be gone so soon and you will wish that you could come back!
Take care, friend.
We had the same reaction with Naomi when we ventured out into public and so we stayed in our room as much as we could . I so loved holding her and sat many, many hours on the floor just so she could practice her cruising from the bed to table, etc. perchance I could sneak a hug or kiss. Wonderful memories of us hold up in the room. Me, dh and my sweetie. Maia is breathtakingly beautiful and I can imagine your joy.
Cindi
Post a Comment