Even in spite of their occasional sqabbles, SuSu and Peanut continue to be stuck to each other like super glue. This is SuSu waiting by the door to go pick up Peanut from school on Monday afternoon:) They still have their normal brother/sister "moments", but they truly have surpassed all of our expectations by how well they get along and how they adore each other. We're still trying to find that special Mommy/Peanut time, which has been hard to do since both kiddos are awake at the same time and go to bed close to the same time. But SuSu's been spending more time playing contently with Baba, so Peanut and I try to take advantage of that time to play together. I think SuSu's beginning to understand that Mommy has two "mei meis" (babies), and she's much more willing to share Mommy's lap with Peanut than she was before. All in all, Peanut has truly risen to the occasion and taken SuSu under his wing. After being alone with Mommy and Daddy for almost 7 years, I knew sharing the spotlight wasn't going to be easy. But maybe Peanut was more prepared than we thought he was:)
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Missing Her Peanut
Even in spite of their occasional sqabbles, SuSu and Peanut continue to be stuck to each other like super glue. This is SuSu waiting by the door to go pick up Peanut from school on Monday afternoon:) They still have their normal brother/sister "moments", but they truly have surpassed all of our expectations by how well they get along and how they adore each other. We're still trying to find that special Mommy/Peanut time, which has been hard to do since both kiddos are awake at the same time and go to bed close to the same time. But SuSu's been spending more time playing contently with Baba, so Peanut and I try to take advantage of that time to play together. I think SuSu's beginning to understand that Mommy has two "mei meis" (babies), and she's much more willing to share Mommy's lap with Peanut than she was before. All in all, Peanut has truly risen to the occasion and taken SuSu under his wing. After being alone with Mommy and Daddy for almost 7 years, I knew sharing the spotlight wasn't going to be easy. But maybe Peanut was more prepared than we thought he was:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Peanut always seemed to have a sensitive heart towards other kids - I remember how he was with our Little Miss a couple years ago during a growth group get-together. He's a sweetie!
They look so sweet together!!!
She looks so delightful. What a blessing
Post a Comment