We're here! We made it into Guangzhou last night at 9pm, but didn't get into our hotel until 11:30pm. We were exhausted, to say the least, but the flight was very good and Maia did much better than we ever could have expected. She definately didn't like the seatbelt on the plane, so the car seat should be a real adventure at home!
Guangzhou is beautiful and warm with lots of shopping and American food! Our hotel is breathtaking and we're so relieved to be here. Today we did all the paperwork for the Consulate appointment, and tommorrow is a free day to relax. We ate lunch at the famous Lucy's Restaurant, and it was probably the best hamburger I've had in my whole life!
Peanut and Eden are still best buddies and are loving all the waterfalls and ponds around Guangzhou. Peanut's getting pretty tired from all the traveling, but he's still doing amazingly well for such a big adventure.
After lunch, Maia completely surprised us by asking if she could get into the bathtub! We've been doing spongebaths up until now because she was so scared of the bath. She laughed and played and had so much fun! I think the pictures speak for themselves:) What an angel!
7 comments:
You're in the home stretch! Thanks for the updates about your trip and for posting the great pictures. Maia's smile is beautiful. She looks so genuinely happy! God is good! Continuing to pray. Love you all!
Thank you so much for writing about your adventure and for all the beautiful pictures - I've been looking forward to each post! I can't wait to meet Maia some day!
Can you believe that this is REAL? She is such a beauty! I know you are so happy to be in GZ. You're almost there....
Maia looks soooo happy! I bet she is so thrilled to have you guys as her family after waiting so long! I can't tell you how happy I am for you!
HI from Matt, Amy, Ben, and Ella! We absolutely loved the pictures in the bath tub. Her smile is so beautiful...I am so glad you are in such a beautiful place. Love, Amy
How fun! Love her little barrettes and the glee on her face in the bathtub! So fun for all of you!
Oh my gosh, Heather, those pictures in the bathtub are amazing. You're gonna have to frame one of those when you get home. I hope you get many, many more laughs in the days the days to come.
I've been thinking of you so much and wishing we were with your group. I believe we were the only family to get our LOA last week. Of course, our family of 6 will make a decent size travel group by ourselves!
Take care and thanks so much for updating. I know you're tired but you'll be home before you know it.
Post a Comment