Saturday, March 14, 2009

Update On The Bugs.......

For those of you who hopped in your tubs this week and prayed for us, thank you!! Peanut still doesn't seem to be out of the woods, and now seems to have picked up the rotovirus (stomach flu), on top of his upper respiratory infection. After a visit with the pediatrician yesterday, we started him on antiobiotics. Then, as the day went on, with his fevers still spiking to 102, he started having....how shall I say this nicely.....florescent green diarrhea. I've never seen anything quite like it! I called the dr late last night and she confirmed that this is a sure sign of the rotovirus, which can last up to two weeks, and is highly contagious. Yiiiikes! With his little immune system down, he somehow picked up this bug on top of the other bug, although we've kept him home, on the couch, all week. Please keep those bubble baths going and praying that he makes a quick and full recovery to be strong enough for the trip in 11 days!! My Prince Charming is finishing up his antibiotics and mine are all done, so we're praying that we stay healthy now, too. Never a dull moment around here on the journey to Maia, is it?!

4 comments:

shelley said...

I wish for the good health fairy to visit your house. Roto is horrid....you have to keep antibacterial gel around your neck. Come one peanut....fight this crazy germ

Lena said...

Satan is doing everything he can to keep you from Maia. But I know the God we serve is greater. He's brought you this far and He won't let you down!

a Tonggu Momma said...

I'm SO sorry. Saying prayers here for immediate healing.

Tessa said...

Goodness gracious ... I can't even believe that you have to tell with all these nasty illnesses right before you leave! I will be praying for a speedy recovery for little Peanut!