Monday, March 30, 2009
Gotcha Day!
What a wonderful, amazing day it was yesterday to hold our Maia for the first time!! I can't even begin to describe the moment we saw the nannies bringing in the children to us!! Our Maia cried and cried for about 45 minutes, but then she settled in and really warmed up to us much more quickly than we imagined she would. She's so very quiet and shy, and likes to be carried and held most of the time, unless Peanut's playing with her:) She fell asleep in "Babba's" (Daddy's arms) last night at 7:30pm and slept all night through til 6am this morning! When she woke up, she looked over at us and said "Momma"....."Babba".....It was more than we could have asked for! We're off to sign the paperwork to make us her offical parents, so I'll write more later. I know what all of you really want to see right now are pictures of our precious SuSu.......and here she is!!







Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Congratulations!!! So wonderful! She is just beautiful. I am glad things are going well. I love the picture of both of your children looking at each other and the expression on Maia's face with her arms lifted to your hubby...just precious! Enjoy this time getting to know your little angel. It is such a special time. Lots of love, Charissa
Oh my goodness, Heather, she's beautiful! I am so happy for you (and I was beginning to worry when you hadn't posted yesterday.) I'm sorry you had a bad 45 minutes, but boy, less than an hour isn't too bad in the scheme of things! Kai screamed for 3 to 4 hours. It seemed to last FOREVER! And then, of course, he decided he liked us. Yea! It looks like Maia is already opening her little heart to you. You are so blessed.
Have a wonderful day in China.
So happy for you guys!!! And Maia is so beautiful!!! Keep blogging! It is so exciting following you guys!!!
Maia is beautiful...and the pictures you posted speak for themselves...so much love! I'm so happy to read your first night went well. Continuing to pray! Love to you all!
Oh Heather........she is beautiful!!!! Can you believe you are actually holding her? I am so happy for you guys. I've been out of sorts the past few days but I've been reading your posts. Hope you received my good news email.
Hugs,
M
Heather, I am so very happy for you!!!! She is so beautiful..I can't wait to show the pictures to Ben and Ella when they wake up. I am praying for you..Love you lots, Amy
She is so cute! She looks like she is going to be a sweetheart ... the precious way she was looking at Peanut and reaching out for her Daddy. I am so happy for you. CONGRATS!!! I have been checking all day and could not wait to see your little girl!
Heather, she is so beautiful! I know that you waited so long for this moment and I could not be any happier for you and your family! Your pictures are so filled with love and emotion!
Lots of love and laughter, Valerie
What an angel!!!Look at all that hair she has---she is just incredible!! It looks like you all fit together just perfect---exactly how God planned it!!
Can't wait to check in tommorow!!
XOXOXO
Amy--Hope's mama
Congratulations! I'm glad things have gone relatively smoothly and that she seems to be connecting with you and your family. She's a beautiful little girl and she looks and sounds very sweet. I'm delighted for you. Your pictures are very heartwarming.
Ahh! Takes my breath away. She is so beautiful and such sweet expressions. How wonderful she is doing so well. You are blessed indeed.
Cindi Campbell
Heather, she is wonderful! Congratulations on your first days together as a family! Blessings to you during this transition time.
Oh Yeah!!! I have been waiting impatiently to see the pictures of Maia! Oh she is so beautiful and looks like she likes Peanut! You guys look so happy! Yeah!! Keeping you guys in our prayers for good bonding and safe trips home!
Love,
Ellen, Alan and Kara
Post a Comment