I can't believe it!! The day is HERE for us to leave!! We're driving to DC in 4 hours from now and spending the night there before we fly out tommorrow. Our luggage is packed and ready to go and all we're waiting for now if for Peanut to finish his last day of school. He's soooo excited for the trip and to be out of school for 21 days!! What an amazing moment this is to sit here, realizing that this is our last day in our home as a family of three. I can't begin to describe the magnitude of what this moment means to us. It's completely surreal. God has been so good, so faithful, so gracious, in bringing to us this this far, through many obstacles, many heartaches, many stacks of paperwork! All for the gift of becoming the very proud parents of our Maia.....which incidentally means "longed for". Little did we know how much the meaning of her name would come to mean to us two years ago when we chose it!
For all of you back home who have prayed for us and encouraged us on our journey to Maia, we want to say how much we love you and thank God for you! We could never have finished our journey to Maia without each one of you!
Our next post will be from Beijing sometime late this week! Off we go.....
"But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and will not faint."
Isaiah 40:31
9 comments:
So excited for you! I hope you get to blog in China. We would absolutely love to follow along. Best wishes for a safe and happy trip!!!!
I'm very excited for your family. Congratulations...it's really happening. Have a safe trip and keep us posted if you can.
I have goose bumps looking at your luggage! I can't imagine how Peanut is concentrating today in school ... knowing that you are leaving when he gets home! Okay, I just got another set of goose bumps! Have a safe trip and we will hear from you again when you are on the other side of the world! You inspire me with your story and how long you have waited for Maia ... it reminds me each day that our little girl will be a reality sometime in the future! Can't wait!
Be off with ya then! I'll be prayin in my tub.
Can't wait to hear how everything goes and to know Maia will soon be in your arms! We'll be praying each day for you and anxiously awaiting your next blog entries!!
Have a safe trip!
Ahhhh! You are on your way!!! I am so delighted and happy for all of you! May your travels be blessed...and may your transition to a family of four be smooth! I will be following all of your familiar steps that we took just 1 year ago....our gotcha was 3/31/08!
Love and blessings to all of you!!!
Amy (Hope's mommy!)
The picture of your luggage is a beautiful sight! I've been thinking of you all so much the past few days. Praying for a safe trip and wonderful experience while you are in China meeting your angel!
Today's the day!!!! You are boarding a big ole bird to take you to your girl. I am so excited for all of you! Enjoy the time you have together in Beijing while you prepare for Maia. We will be praying for your safety and an easy transition into a family of 4! Remember He is there holding your hand (and hers) every step of the way.
Blessings,
M
Post a Comment