Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ni Hao From Nanjing!



Yesterday we flew from Beijing to Nanjing and arrived at our hotel around 4pm China time. Our flight was only about an hour and a half and much smoother than the one into Beijing thankfully:) Peanut is doing so well with the traveling and announced yesterday that he loves China!



Nanjing is a big city, too, but not quite as large as Beijing. Our hotel is right in the heart of the city, and we have an amazing view from our room on the 26th floor! We met up with the other 7 families this morning at breakfast and are gettting really excited to meet our children this afternoon at 1:30pm!! We'll all travel together to the Civil Affairs Office in Nanjing and be united with our children at the same time. Then, we'll come back here to the hotel and relax and spend some time just getting to know our little ones. It's all so surreal that we'll be holding our Maia in just about 4 hours from now!! Peanut is really excited and keeps asking us how big we think Maia will be:) As I'm sitting here writing, my heart is pounding with excitement and anticipation for the moment we see her face for the first time!! There are truly no words to describe what this day is like......knowing that we'll be becoming parents again after so many years of praying and waiting. Praise God that the time is HERE!

Can you believe that my next post will include pictures of us with our Maia?? Please pray for a smooth transition for us and that we'll know how to meet her needs and help her feel safe and protected. And please say a prayer for a few of the travelers in our group who are very sick, and pray that God will protect us from illness as this is a very rigorous journey. We send you all our love from across the world!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, I am on pins and needles tonight thinking of your BIG day in Nanjing! I just can't wait to see pictures of Maia in your arms. I am praying for all of you! I am so glad to hear that Peanut is doing so well with the trip. How did he like the Chinese Acrobat show? Can't wait to hear how Maia is. I'll be checking first thing when I get up tomorrow morning!! God bless you all!!
Love,
Charissa

Tessa said...

I am so glad you posted! I knew you and Flamingo Mama were getting close, but I wasn't sure exactly when you were meeting your girls! So, tonight at 1:30 am when I am sleeping soundly in my bed, you will be halfway across the world meeting your daughter for the first time! Unbelievable! I got chills reading your post ... I don't know how you are containing yourself! And ... how sweet that Peanut loves China! Can't wait for the next post ...

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh!! I am so excited!! I can't wait to wake up tommorow and see pics of you with your sweet baby girl!!! Praying for you, praying for darling Maia--may the Lord hold you all in his hands on this incredible day!!!

Love--
Amy---Hope's momma! XOXO

Heather said...

I honestly can't contain my excitement! I've checked my computer 100 times today and I feel completely giddy. There's so much to be happy about! Misty finally got her referral for a beautiful baby girl this weekend and you meet Maia in just a few hours. I'll be up at the crack of dawn checking my computer.

Of course, tonight I wil pray for a smooth transition for Maia. Kai was a basket-case for several hours before he decided that we were okay (at least we had lots of food and toys.)

Congratulations (again). I wish you all the happiness in the world!

Christi said...

I can't wait to see and here how things went with Maia! What a special, special day!! You're in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

Heather..I am sooo excited I can't believe the day is finally here!!! We love you guys and are praying for you..Can't wait to have our first playdate with our girls!!!love, Amy..Ben says Hi to peanut..he misses him!

Heather said...

Heather,
Is everythink okay? Even if you don't have time to upload photos or write a book, please let us know how you and Maia are doing. I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear from you.
Praying for good news,
Heather O.

Anonymous said...

I know that you are having such a fabulously busy time smooching your beautiful girl--but we need news!! Pics, words, anything!! If you need help--I am only an e-mail away!! I was there with a very difficult transitioning toddler one year ago--if you need support!!

Love and blessings!!
Amy--Hope's mommy!!XOXOO