Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Miracles Do Happen!!

"Praise be to the Lord, for He has heard my cry for mercy. The Lord is my strength and shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him." Psalms 28:6-7

What an amazing miracle God's done in my life this past week!! I met with my surgeon this morning and he gave me the wonderful news that all of my CAT scans came back clear!! I can't begin to say how much of a miracle and blessing this is to us! Not only did the tumor on my thyroid gland "disappear", the full body scans from Tuesday showed no signs of an aortic anuerysm!! M and I are just speechless at God's grace and goodness to us, after what has been a very emotional few weeks. We know God would have given us the strength to face cancer or even an aneurysm, but we truly were praying that He would spare us from both. This experience has taught us so many things, things that have brought us even closer to each other and closer to God. I've never faced such a frightening idea as the possibility of having an anueurysm near my heart, or the reality that my life is truly in the hands of my heavenly Father. To see this miracle unfold before me has changed me forever!

"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart." Psalms 27: 13-14

1 comment:

lifelaughterchaos said...

goodness. you sure like to get your moneys worth out of your adoption journey! true craziness! you are right! this is a miracle. i'm so glad it had such a wonderful ending!