Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Gotcha Day Anniversary!





Exactly one year ago today, at 1:30pm China time, a beautiful little somebody walked quietly up the steps of the Nanjing Civil Affairs Office and instantly into our hearts.







Nothing could have ever prepared us for that moment. The moment when a tiny timid stranger, who we had grown to love so dearly through a few precious pictures, would walk silently up the sidewalk, hand in hand with her nanny, and into our family. Forever.







That moment will be etched in my memory for as long as I live. The sight of our long-awaited SuSu, being gently placed in Prince Charming's arms. The overwhelming reality that this was the child we had prayed so long for.







Our Maia "SuSu".







So perfectly chosen to complete our family.







Only He could have known how our family needed that little touch of sweetness, that little touch of spice, that little touch of beauty, that little touch of SuSu.







Thirty long months of waiting and longing disappeared in an instant.








And the journey of a lifetime began in that moment.







How amazingly blessed we are....to be celebrating our first anniversary of Gotcha Day already! There really are no words adequate enough to describe how incredibly thankful we feel.....no words to express how good He is in bringing us to this place. We truly have witnessed a miracle......and her name is Maia "SuSu"!

10 comments:

Tessa said...

Happy Gotcha Day! Wow - I am still in disbelief at quickly that year went by. Such sweet pics from a year ago - I love the one of SuSu stretching her arms out for her Daddy! Enjoy your day!

shelley said...

It was truly a magical day.

TheLab said...

I almost did not open this post, because I knew I'd be bawling at my desk (again). You know, my coworkers think I'm manic depressive between reading the adoption posts of you and Flamingo...

This is so amazing. The photo of her reaching her arms up really made me lose it.

How sweet and precious and loving and wonderful and amazing your Peanut is - to take that journey (physical AND emotional) with you and his daddy.

What a son you have! What a daughter you have!

What an awesome God to chose Susu for you, and you for her!!!

CONGRATS!

Flamingo said...

yea!! we made it!!! congrats!!

i have the best video clip of you guys meeting susu for the 1st time. i hear you say, "awww aren't you beautiful?" and you touch her head and she jumps back 5feet. it makes me laugh everytime. i will send it to you if you don't have that on yours!

Christi said...

Wow! It's incredible that it went by soooooooooo quickly!! Congratulations on your precious, precious daughter!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Congratulations on one year together as a family of four!

Kate said...

Hard to believe it has been one year already. Your daughter is beautiful and has a smile that would light up a room. Enjoy your day All the Best Kate.

emily said...

She is so beautiful Wuxi! And I agree with Leslie - how amazing it was that Peanut could travel along with you and be such a welcoming big brother. Wonderful pics!

Anonymous said...

It is hard to believe it has been a whole year! It is wonderful to see how all the kids are doing. I will post some pictures to my blog soon. Thinking of all of our group members a lot this past week.

Anonymous said...

Oops! Forgot it comes up as anonymous so I will say this is Bonnie from you travel group.