Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Dreaded Plateau




It's happening. The dreaded dieting plateau. The plateau that I hear about, but prayed would somehow not happen to me. Except that it did. And it still is. Sigh.

The scale hasn't moved for me for the past two weeks,so I appear to be stuck at 12 lbs. My first big weight loss roadblock. It seems as if my body really likes this spot, but I'm sooo close to breaking out those size 12s that I just can't bear to stay here!

I have to admit that I did eat a hamburger at McDonalds last week, that I have been grabbing a handful of pretzels here and there, and that my exercise routine sufferred terribly last week when I was down a few days with a migraine. Even though I'm not over my daily points, I probably need to substitute a few more veggies in there instead of carbs. But oh how I love my carbs!

My strategy this week is to hit the fruits and veggies hard and keep my hand out of the pretzel bag somehow. Also, I hope that now that my migraine is gone, I can avoid taking ibuprofen, which I didn't realize can make you retain water. I definately don't need to retain anymore fluid:) It's always in the back of my mind that my thyroid might be off again, so I'm gonna visit the lab and be sure that my hormones look okay, too. I know that if my TSH is just a bit off that I'll start packing on the pounds like a bear in hibernation, and that would be devastating after all the lettuce I've been eating since January!

With springtime just around the corner and my short sleeves and shorts soon coming out of the closet, I'm really feeling motivated to find my groove again. Not to mention that our first bridesmaids' dress fitting is so very close, and I haven't yet bought my ultra tummy tucking underwear yet. Yes, time is marching right along, and I need to find a way to make this spare tire disappear pronto. If you have any tips for breaking through the plateau, please pass them along to me!

2 comments:

TheLab said...

Yuck... plateaus are NEVER fun. In anything!

I hope you get to see another few pounds come off quickly to keep your mental momentum!!!

Flamingo said...

i don't know. i still have some of that awesome chinese medicine i took on the plane ride to nanjing. do you want me to give you some of that? that stuff was wicked wild and would probably even speed up a metabolism:) lol

hang in there...you are doing great!