Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Valley View Farms






Last week we took a little trip to the home of this interesting water fountain in Hunt Valley, MD. At first I didn't notice the details here, but Peanut surely didn't miss them:)









I even talked my Prince Charming into visiting Valley View Farms with us, in exchange for a visit to Home Depot later on.








There were pumpkins and gourds galore!



















And then there was this pumpkin. What a rare find! It was called a peanut pumpkin, and literally had peanuts growing all over it. We decided to be boring and bring home some good old orange pumpkins, but now you know where to go if you feel you must have a peanut pumpkin for your front porch!














They had oodles and oodles of water fountains and fish ponds with some of the biggest Koi fish I've ever seen. The kiddos were mesmerized, and Mommy was a bit, too.


















They even had a haunted house there, but it was even too scary for me! SuSu and Peanut took one step inside and then ran back out the door:)


I really can't believe it's already the middle of October and Halloween is just around the corner! Didn't we just start school a few days ago?? I just love this time of year, and wish I could freeze time a bit before the bitter cold of winter settles in. It might be too late for that, though, seeing that it was a chilly 38 degrees this morning when we woke up!

1 comment:

emily said...

That peanut pumpkin was a bit disturbing to look at quite frankly. Looks like you had a great day! And Home Depot too! I love the smell of wood!