Friday, October 23, 2009

The 4th Bedroom

When my Prince Charming and Peanut started their big project in the attic, I have to tell you I was reallllly excited about the idea of having our 4th bedroom opening up! Now let me tell you that it has crossed our minds that this new space may someday become the home to another little somebody. I wouldn't be being honest if I didn't share that tiny tidbit with you. Buuuuuutttt........that wasn't the only idea we have for that very special room:)




Our idea was actually to make it into a playroom for the two kiddos we currently have. Because we have toys literally up to our ears, taking over our living room, our family room, our bedrooms......you know what I mean:) And, for years I've been daydreaming about having a special place where we could store all these treasures. A place our kiddos can go with their friends. Where Mommy can close the door when visitors come and I don't need to worry about cleaning it up. Ooohhh, this is sounding better and better as I type:)




And so, for now, and maybe forever, our 4th bedroom will officially become our playroom. It needs a lot of work. Because it was actually an accident.. Because that 4th bedroom is a new room that Prince Charming created a few years ago when he enclosed the porch that ran across the back of our 2nd floor. So it's really an unfinished sunroom with lots of windows and character oozing out all over!




At the moment, it's full of trains. But soon, as you know, those trains will move to the attic and another transformation begins!




And what about using that 4th bedroom someday for somebody else, Mommy and Flamingo Mama are wondering? We've officially decided not to really decide anything about that. Our hearts are overflowing with peace and contentment and joy in the two amazing children God's blessed us with! We're loving this stage of just being. Being a family of four. After so many years of trying to get here, I'm so glad to just sit and let it all sink in:)

3 comments:

emily said...

That's awesome Wuxi - to finally be able to enjoy your family all together in one place!

Flamingo said...

i think it's called denial:0

lol..you know i'm completely picking:)

Mommy said...

Hehehehehe...I'm laughing at you right now. Yes, enjoy the two you have and if that 4th bedroom is there for a person (and not legos and little people)...you'll know.