Monday, November 17, 2008

Lydia Hope



Through my good friend, Flamingo Mama, I learned about an urgent prayer request on the behalf of another family who is currently in China. This family is from England and committed to adopting little Lydia Hope several months ago. Lydia was known to have some developmental delays, but Jeff & Naomi felt God calling them to bring home this precious child with special needs. When they were united with Lydia just a few days ago, they realized immediately that her "developmental delays" were far more severe than what they had been told. Sadly, after spending 24 hours with Lydia, they felt that her needs were far beyond what they could parent, and they made the agonizing decision not to go forward with her adoption. It probably goes without saying that they're absolutely heartbroken and are completely uncertain what this might mean for them or little Lydia. They're still in China, hoping and praying to be matched to another "waiting child" before they fly home to England in a few days. However, it appears that all the doors have closed to them at this time, and they're asking for all of us to lift them up in our prayers. I've never met this family, and I most likely never will. But my heart aches for them and I felt it would be wonderful for all of us to encourage them by keeping them in our prayers today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for the family and little Lydia. May God's grace be upon them at this time.