
I've been "tagged" again by Heather O. in Alabama!! Heather is also waiting for her little one, Cooper, who is with Maia in Wuxi:) For this "tag" I need to list 7 random things about myself and then tag 7 more people and link to their blogs. Since I'm a newbie at blogging, I don't have a long list of bloggy friends to link to. But I do have a few people in mind, so here goes!
7 Random Things About Myself
1. For the first three years of college, I majored in Psychology. Then, after a lighting bulb moment, realized this wasn't my calling and switched to nursing. The bummer about that was that I basically had to start all over again and take some super fun classes like Microbiology, Anatomy & Physiology and Chemistry (thank goondess for tutors!). Six and a half years after starting college, I finally graduated and became an RN in December of 2000!
2. I was engaged to my high school sweetheart in 1996, but broke off our engagement shortly after. Thankfully I realized we weren't a match made in heaven because I found my prince charming four years later!
3. During my pregnancy with Peanut, we were diagnosed with a velementous cord condition. This is a very rare condition that means that the umbilical cord is extrememly thin and was literally connected to my placenta by a thread. Because of this, Peanut was considered a high risk baby and we went through many ultrasounds and 20 non-stress tests during the 2nd half of my pregnancy. The risks of carrying a child with this condition include a baby of low birth weight, oxygyen deprivation to the baby, and stillbirth. By God's amazing grace, Peanut was born healthy and strong and never showed any signs of this condition! In fact, weighing in at 8lbs 9oz, he was by far the biggest baby in the nursery:) God is good!
4. When I was 7 years old, I fell out of a tree in our backyard and broke my arm. Fortunately, my sister, Michele, and my best friend, Susan, were both there to save me. Unfortunately, neither one actually did anything after my fall because I had a long history of "faking" accidents. Hmmmmm........I guess I might have been the little girl who cried "wolf".......or, more accurately, "broken arm"! Eventually I found my way inside to my Mom, who realized that a wrist doesn't normally bend that far backwards:)
5. I'm a cereal junkie. I'm addicted to cereal. Any kind will do, but the sweeter, the better. I could eat ceral for every meal, and sometimes I do. I even keep a box of cereal by my bed, just in case I get the late night munchies. This addiction goes well with my addiction to milk, which I've had since childhood. When did the cereal addiction start? When I was pregnant with you-know-who!
6. I'm an incurable optimitst. I usually see the glass half full. If someone says "there's no way", I'm bound to find a way. I like to push my luck, to beat the odds and to climb that mountain, even if it kills me! This is very tricky since I live with an incurable pessimist:)
7. My favorite t.v. shows, (if I actually remember to watch them!) are Grey's Anatomy, The Office, & Everybody Loves Raymond. We don't actually do too much tv watching around here, but I could get addicted to any one of these shows pretty easily:)
Now, I'm kind of pathetic with my lack of bloggy friends, but I have two people to tag:) I'm tagging
1. Billie @ 1crazyjourney
2. Tessa @ Jesus Filled Hope
1 comment:
Hi Heather,
I just wanted to let you know that I did not forget that you tagged me. I am working on my 7 weird things ... I actually did this a few months back and I am trying to think of 7 different things. I think I soon have them ... so stay tuned!
Post a Comment