Friday, June 5, 2009

Denied......Sort Of



Today Cincinatti called to give us the news that our insurance company has denied us full coverage for our Maia. They've decided to cover only 50% of our bills if we take Maia to Cincinatti, which obviously won't be nearly enough for what we'll need. Our only option now is go through some kind of appeals process, which we're definately planning to do next week. Please continue to pray that we're successful with our appeal and we don't lose our spot in the end of July to take Maia out to Ohio! I have no idea what the appeals really involve, but I hope it's quick and not too aweful. If anyone out there has any experience with this, please leave us some tips in the comments! Thanks everyone for your prayers and encouragement!! If we made it to China, we can certainly make it to Cincincatti!

5 comments:

Jolene Powell said...

No experience, just prayers! When my daughter was preemie, we had lots of issues with insurance, so I know it's not easy. Keep everything you get in teh mail, document every phone call, etc... I hope it all works out!

Tessa said...

I have not had any good experience in this area either ... however I wanted to let you know that I will be praying!

Flamingo said...

hey...i won an email process with SCP! they pretty much will take your case to the medical advisor to reviw....they also have a meeting where they present such cases.

did you relook into shriners????

Cindy said...

I'm so sorry this is so difficult. Stay strong. We'll keep you in our prayer. Take good care of yourself and your precious family!

gnanna said...

We are praying. I cannot imagine how you must feel. We really hope to get to Cinncy this summer and with the same condition for Lily we want her to have the absolute best chance for a great recovery. You deserve that for Maia. We have not heard anything from insurance yet so I hope it is not an issue for us. Tell SuSu that Xiao Wan says "Ni Hao"