Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Weigh-In Wednesday




In the midst of all the temptation of the overflowing Easter baskets in our house, I've tried really hard to resist the call of the marshmallow peeps and Cadbury caramel eggs! On Easter Sunday, I admit that I did give in and have a handful of jelly beans and a tiny bit of chocolate. Oh, and I did have a little sample of my sister's pineapple upside down cake. But somehow, miraculously, another pound disappeared and I'm closing in on the 20 lb mark! As of this week, I've lost 16 pounds and was able to buy a few pairs of size 12 shorts. It felt so good!

The great thing about dieting around this time of the year is the grill. Oh how I love the grill! You can make so many tasty, healthy meals with lots of flavor and very little fat. It's a dream come true after a long, snowy winter where it was so easy to get lost in all those comfort foods that look a lot better in the crock pot than they do on my thighs:)

It's funny how vegetables taste sooo much better on the grill than they do steamed or boiled. I even bought peppers yesterday, and I normally would never go within 10 feet of a pepper:) I'm learning to be a little bit more adventurous each week, and hopefully eventually I'll even learn to love a good zuchinni!

If you have any great grill recipes or ideas, please, please share them with us. I'm thinking about doing some posts soon about grilling and am always open to new ideas. To all of you on this journey with me, keep up the great work! It won't be long before bikini weather is here.......

7 comments:

shelley said...

You go girl....every pound is a great accomplishment.

Flamingo said...

not with ya on this one...love peppers!

anyway...one of my favs on the grill is squash. you can coat it with spray or olive oil and then sprinkle wiht a little garlic powder. lay it directly on the grill. holy yumminess.

TheLab said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!! SIXTEEN POUNDS!??!??!?! That's incredible!!!!!!!! Go, you!

I'm a matron of honor in my best friend's wedding next week. Turns out I'm the only one in a dress sized in the double digits. I'm totally comfortable with myself until I hear things like this! Ha ha ha!

emily said...

I can't wait to read your grill posts!

Tessa said...

You go girl! I am so excited for you.

Just wanted to let you know that I am still with you on this ... I, however, gained 1 lb. this week. :( I am at a 16 lb. weight loss also, and I keep telling myself it actually may be more than that because I did not weight myself until the 2nd week.

I am fitting into some things that I have not worn in a while, but I am not at a size 12 yet. Wow - that must feel amazing!

Keep up the good work - I need to fire up our grill ... we haven't grilled yet this year, although it feels like summer around here! :)

Amy D. said...

WOO HOO Heather!! That is awesome! You are going to feel so great this summer! My two sisters are also doing a weight loss program together and it is so valuable to share your success--it keeps you going!!
You will be one hot mama in Stone Harbor this summer!!
When are you going?? We will be there the last 2 weeks of July!

xoxox
Amy

Mommy said...

Great job girl! Bikini weather? Hmmm...maybe one piece with a cover up weather for me. Keep up the great work. Maybe I'll attempt one of these days. Hugs, Misty