Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Heart For You





From the time I was a little girl, I remember the many different ways God planted the seed of adoption into my heart.







Little did I know where His calling would lead me.







Or who His calling would lead me to.








But never for a moment did I doubt that it was His voice,










Not for a second did I wonder if it was His desire for me to go.










I knew. In the core of my being, I knew.










It was one of the clearest callings I've ever felt in my walk with Him.








And one of the deepest blessings our family has ever known.







If you've heard that still small voice asking you to go..... If you've felt that gentle tug on your heart when you hear the plight of the orphan...... If you can't lay to rest that sense that your family is still waiting for a tiny someone to fill that last seat at the dinner table.....God may be speaking to you, too. He may not ask you to fly across Siberia. But He may. He may not ask you to adopt a child with special needs. But He may. His heart is heavy. Heavy for the children of the world who go to sleep each nite without feeling the love of a Momma's kiss. There is such a tremendous need. And, in my heart of hearts, I believe that He's calling many, many of us to go beyond where we ever imagined we could. A place that may seem scary. Uncomfortable. Out of our reach financially. And yet, He's still calling. I was once afraid. At the brink of turning my back on that still small voice. But I knew. Deep down I knew. If I did walk away. If I did lose hope. That I would regret that choice for the rest of my life. I didn't feel worthy. I didn't feel equipped. I didn't feel good enough to recieve such a calling on my life. But He looked past all this in me. He called me anyway. To make the difference in a life. To cross the oceans for that one. I can't begin to imagine if He hadn't called me. What a privege and honor it is to walk this journey today. It's been on my heart to share these words with you. If you know that He's planted this seed in you, too, don't let this chance pass you by. It will matter greatly. It will matter greatly to Him. It will matter greatly to you. But even more so, it will matter greatly to a beautiful little somebody.

4 comments:

TheLab said...

PRECIOUS PHOTOS!!!! AMAZING!

What a beautiful post. When you get time someday, tell us more about how He spoke to you through the years about adoption, how you knew this was for you. We'd LOVE to hear that.

Kate said...

Beautiful post. Our lives are uniquely blessed when I look at my two children I know for sure that God is at work

Keri said...

i so needed to hear that today. thank you. and...she is SO gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post--beautiful girl!!! God sure does know what He is doing!!